Introduction: The purpose of this design competition is to select a creative design plan that can establish advanced facilities for agricultural research and education and provide active responses for new demands in this rapidly changing industrial technical fusion and innovation era. Also, it should be suitable to perform a crucial role for global agricultural development.
1. Title: International Competition for the (New) Agricultural Research & Extension Services in Gyeongsangbuk-do, S.Korea
2. Background of Competition:
- Followed by the relocation of Gyeongsangbuk-do Provincial Office from Buk-gu of Daegu Metropolitan City to Gyeongbukdocheong New Town in Andong and Yecheon in February 2016, direct institutions in Gyeongsangbuk-do and business places will be relocated as well to promote work efficiency.
- Also, the current agricultural research service site has been experiencing environmental restrictions for effective agricultural technology research due to the urbanization of the surrounding area, and it is also difficult to reflect on the diversified research demands of local farmers.
- It has become necessary to accept, commercialize, and supply technologies to respond to the new research demands in the fourth industrial revolution by securing desirable research facilities.
3. Competition Descriptions
–Site Address: 864, Samdeok-ri, Sabeolgung-myeon, Sangju-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do
–Site area: 969,811㎡
– Estimated design fee: 5,183,400,000 KRW (VAT, certification costs, guaranteed liability insurance included)
-Competition Period: Nov. 26 (Fri), 2021 ~ Mar. 25 (Fri), 2022
-Design Period: 12 months from the commencement date (licensing period and holidays included, and is subject to change depending on the situation)
-Korean and foreign architects who are qualified architects pursuant to the relevant law.If the participants are not qualified for ① until the participation registration date, then they should form a joint group with an architect who is qualified for ①. If so, the representative of the joint group shall be the person who is qualified for ①.
① Someone who has established and declared an architectural firm according to Article 23 Paragraph 1 of the ‘Certified Architects Act’ of Korea and is free from any disqualifications and carries out normal architecture related businesses.
The representative of the joint group shall direct and mediate over the design development, construction document, design implementation and perform building permissions, etc.
For the joint application, the list of joint participants shall be completed until the submission of the entry. All of the joint participants shall be Korean or foreign architects, and they should be 3 people (architectural firms) or less. The representative of the joint group won’t necessarily satisfy the conditions given in ①, but any legal rights, responsibilities, and liabilities related to the competition belong to the representative.
Participants in the Design Competition, registered as a representative or participant, shall not join any other design.
The new Gyeongsangbuk-do Agricultural Research & Extension Services should be the research base for developing future-oriented agricultural technologies that respond to any changes in the agricultural environment and developing farming in Gyeongsangbuk-do, along with being an elegant public building that can become tourist attractions of Gyeongsangbuk-do.
The purpose of this design competition is to select a creative design plan that can establish advanced facilities for agricultural research and education and provide active responses for new demands in this rapidly changing industrial technical fusion and innovation era. Also, it should be suitable to perform a crucial role for global agricultural development.
- Official website: : http://www.gb-agrchi.org
- Official E-mail : gb-ares@ gb-agrchi.org
-Participation Registration : Nov. 26 (Fri) ~ Dec. 28 (Tue), 2021
-Entry Submission: Feb. 18 (Fri), 2022 at 17:00
-1st Main Review : Feb. 25 (Fri), 2022
-2nd Main Review: Mar. 23 (Mon), 2022
-Result Announcement: Mar. 25 (Fri), 2022