Summary: The Chungcheongnam-do Government intends to construct Chungnam Art Museum, an art power plant that opens up new imagination and future in Naepo New City. In order to build a world-class contemporary art museum beyond the symbol of the region, the winning proposal will be selected through an international invited design competition. Therefore, we hereby encourage you to submit a Request for Qualifications(RFQ) for the selection of the teams to be invited.
– Location : 557 Docheong-daero, Hongbuk-eup, Hongseong-gun, Chungnam, Korea
– Site Area : 26,478 sqm.
– Total Floor Area : Museum 12,680 sqm. / Parking Lot 14,000 sqm.
– Building Coverage / Floor Area Ratio : 60% / 150%
– Height of Museum : 2 floors below / up to 4 floors above ground(including Public Parking Lot)
– Estimated DesignCost : 2,994 Million KRW (VAT included)
– Estimated Construction Cost : 63,500 Million KRW (VAT included)
(Art Museum: 41,500 Million KRW + Parking Lot: 22,000 Million KRW)
Eligibility for Participation
Domestic and foreign professionals in architecture-related fields (The representative must be a Korean architect who has registered an architect’s office.)
Schedule for Submission of Request for Qualification(RFQ)
– Announcement : Mar. 02, 2021(Tue.) (Thru website)
– Receipt of Questions : From Mar. 08, 20201 to Mar. 11, 2021 (Thru e-mail)
– Answers to Questions : Mar. 15, 2021 (Thru website)
– Receipt of RFQ : From Mar. 02, 2021 to Apr. 07, 2021 (Thru e-mail)
– Selection / Announcement of teams to be invited : Apr. 09, 2021 (Thru website/ individual notice to selected teams)
Schedule for Invited Design Competition
– Announcement : Apr. 12, 2021
– Enrollment : From Apr. 12, 2021 to Apr. 16, 2021
– On-Site Briefing : Apr. 20, 2021
– Technical Review : Jul. 15, 2021
– Evaluation of Works : Jul. 19, 2021
– Announcement of Evaluation Results : Jul. 22, 2021
• The above schedule is based on Korean time (GMT +09) and subject to change depending on the circumstances of the organizer.
– Winner (1team) : Priority Rights for Making a Design Contract
– Runners-Up (4team) : 100,000,000 KRW (each team)
• In principle, 5 teams will be selected for invitation, but the number of the teams to be invited may change according to the decision of the steering committee. If it change, the reward money for runners-up is equally paid within the total of 400 million won (maximum of 100 million won for each team).
• Reward money for participation includes airfare and accommodation fees for attending on-site briefing, presentation and awards ceremony, and various expenses such as copyright fees, taxes, money exchange and remittance fees. The tax is subject to the Korean tax laws.
contacts detail : email@example.com
Download the information related to this competition here.